Sunday, April 6, 2008

Fungus

Marian, you asked for fungus--here's your fungus. Eric listened to way too much Dr. Demento as a teenager and likes to sing the song about Roger Boom. One of the lines goes "He planned a trip to Venus when the Fungus was in Bloom." We looked up the song on-line and learned that his song came from the Laurence Welk show. How cool is that? So, I had to add this big, still unfinished border around it. If you look carefully you can see all the layers of stuff on this piece. There are about 8-10 layers of burnt edge tulle in each fungus bloom. Anyway, I am not sure if this is beautiful or professional, but it is definitely original.

3 comments:

Edward and Marian said...

You are obviously not giving yourself enough credit - I think it's beautiful!

Jen said...

I agree, Amy. I love the fungus. i bet Eric does, too.

Conni said...

Love this!