Thursday, May 1, 2008

Seashells by the Seashore

One of the last assignments for my Fertile Earth class was to do a picture of shells or rocks--something hard I guess. It seems to me that I most often see pictures of shells hanging on the walls of bathrooms. I did not want a bathroom picture.

I have a box of shells that I picked up on the beach in San Fabian--in the Philippines when I was a missionary there. The beach was covered in large, beautiful shells, and that was just normal there--no one by me was excited. Anyway, I decided to do a picture of these shells in tutti-fruiti colors. I like my colors ok, but the composition is just not working yet. I will have to do something more for this picture. I will post it again someday if I finish it.

3 comments:

Jen said...

I love the colors- such a nice change from the barely-there pastels that shells are usually done in.

Conni said...

Yes - the colors are fantastic - and your stitching is gorgeous!

Suzanne said...

I use to have a pastel photo of shells in my bathroom, but we have since painted the walls a brighter yellow...I think your seashells would look great in MY bathroom LOL

Aunt Suzanne